Who We Are
The Modular Analytics Company (TMAC) is a rapidly expanding artificial intelligence and machine learning SaaS business that helps people make better decisions faster. We deliver affordable AI and ML solutions in customer engagement, customer service, coaching and marketing across a variety of sectors including retail, banking, financial services and media.
The Modular Analytics Company was founded by Jimmy Hosang and Sean Northam in 2018 to change the way data science is understood and applied. The philosophy of the company is to generate, accelerate and modulate results; they build, test, fail and learn fast to provide value faster than other bigger, more expensive players in the market. Our clients include one of the world's largest banks, a UK national newspaper and a DIY chain. But at the heart of this work are TMACCERS—a group of insatiably passionate experts who are as tenacious as they are experienced. Are you one of us?
TMAC are recruiting for a Financial Assistant to assist the CFO in all Financial tasks across the company. The main aspects of the job will be to process all accounting information in compliance with local accounting rules, ensure quality of month end close. To propose and develop processes and procedures to enhance efficiency, monitor the treasury activities, ensure compliance with tax and legal obligations and finally to manage the intercompany transactions with TMAC Canada and TMAC Turkey. Whilst we support remote working, this role must be based in the Midlands.
- To process all accounting information in compliance with local accounting rules
- Ensure quality of month end close
- Propose and development processes and procedures to enhance efficiency
- Monitor the treasury activities
- Ensure compliance with tax and legal obligations
- Manage the intercompany transactions with TMAC Canada and TMAC Turkey
Applicants must be:
- ACCA qualified, with at least 4 years commercial experience.
- Experienced in accounting systems, preferably Xero.
- Able to prioritise and co-ordinate workload in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communicators, both written and oral.
- Highly organised, detail orientated and methodical.
- Proficient in working both alongside other employees and individually.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely processing of AR and AP invoices
- Review the aged accounts receivable and credit control
- Review the aged accounts payable
- Review and post the month end payroll journal
- Process month end journals – advance income, prepayments, accruals, fixed assets
- Bank reconciliation
- Work with Business Manager to maintain the fixed asset register
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Management Accounts preparation to include Profit and Loss and balance sheet Actual v Budget.
- Ensure timely close of the month end and year end system close
- Facilitate information for yearly R&D claim between consultant and accountants
- Monitor the cash flow position on a daily basis
- Manage the cashflow forecasting and reporting
- Business partner with heads of departments to discuss their performance and/or spend
- KPI reporting, actual v target
- Revenue & MRR reporting, actual v budget
- Ownership of the FinCo and Board pack information
- Work with the CFO to establish budgets and forecasts across all departments
- Intercompany postings and payments to TMAC Canada and TMAC Turkey
- Salary: Up to £40,000 based on experience
- Private medical insurance
- Remote working
- Discretionary bonus
- 28 days holiday plus 8 UK bank holidays
- Additional day of holiday to utilise for charity or volunteering
- Give As You Earn scheme